Severn Valley Stages - (Sat) 5 Jun 10

Posted: June 8, 2010 9:38 PM - 8915 Hits

Round 3 - 2010 MSA ANCRO Gravel Rally Championship
Round 3 - 2010 MSA British Historic Rally Championship
Round 4 - 2010 Welsh Rally Championship

  • Jonny Milner/Ian Windress win Servern Valley



Posted: June 8, 2010 9:38 PM

The Hankook MSA Welsh National Rally championship moved to Builth Wells, Mid Wales, for round four and after a very hot and dusty day Alex Allingham and Mark Glennerster emerged as the new championship leaders taking 6th overall on the National A event in their N4 Subaru.

Clerk of Course Keith Ashley had commented beforehand that the stages were in “excellent condition”. And it was from a very warm Builth Wells that crews headed towards the Crychan complex to tackle the four morning stages. The first of the stages proved to be a taster of what was to come for the rest of the day with thick dust hanging between the trees and with no breeze to move it on the dust hung around for a long time.

Alex Allingham Staylbridge seeded at 7 was the first Welsh contender into the stages and promptly set the first of seven fastest times amongst the Welsh contingent trusting in co-driver Mark Glennerster’s notes.
At 15 Tony McWhirter/Steve Green were next through but found the conditions very difficult.
Welsh Junior Sara Williams, Brecon, seeded at 16 was looking for a good run after her top ten result on this event last year. Sara with Dai Roberts on the notes was second fastest on Stage1 and Stage 2 only to go very wide and slide off the road in Stage3 Halfway, beached and with only a few to help, her rally disappointingly ended there. Shon Rees (Carmarthen) event was even shorter retiring with engine problems on S1. Another Welsh Junior Luke Francis/Ian Bevan (Rhuddlan) Mitsubishi Evo 4 stormed through the opening stage setting a time fourteen seconds ahead of the eventual Clubman’s winner Phil Newson/Peter James. After stage two though they had to call it a day when gearbox problems meant two wheel drive only.
Sion Matthews and Rob Hopewell lying third in the championship at the start of the day were looking forward to the event only to retire on S3 when they hit a rock hard and broke the bottom arm on their Nova.

At the service halt the two main talking points were dust and excessive tyre wear, attributable to the hot weather conditions. Most Welsh crews were reporting problems Nigel Jenkins with Karen Watts on the notes after her big accident on the Plains, seemed to have the biggest list with gear selection problems, however they were still going. Robert Wheeler, Golf, was leading Class 2 and was looking forward to maintaining position in the afternoon, it was not to be though as on the very last stage they caught a car in the dust dropped almost a minute and into second in class.

Ian Sutton/Heather Watkins survived the morning only to suffer delays on a road section just staying with OTL times. Martin Walby and Paul Willetts arrived in service clearly feeling the heat felt a lot better when told they were third championship contender.

Alex Allingham was locked in a battle with Wug Utting in the National event, the pair had swapped times in the morning and as they entered Stage 5 Radnor Wug held the advantage by 3.9secs by the end Alex had turned the deficit around to a lead of 28.9 secs, which he built onto finish 42 secs up on the day and finish 6th o/a and take the GrpN award and take the lead in the championship. Radnor was good for Tony McWhirter/Steve Green entering the stage 11th o/a they moved into 10th place which they kept till the finish taking 27 championship points in the process and moving them to third, three points behind Martin Walby. At the awards presentation £700 worth of Hankook tyre vouchers were handed out to grateful crews on a day when tyre wear was excessive. The winners were Martin Walby, Alex Allingham, Geoff Cottrill and Welsh Junior, Robert Wheeler.

1 Phil Newson/Peter James (Mitsubishi Evo 9)
2 Dave Brick/Rob Woodhouse (Subaru Impreza)
3 Mike Tomkinson/Shaun Whitehusrt (Subaru Impreza)
4 Malloch Nicoll/Martin Forrest (Mitsubishi Evo)
5 George Thomas/Mark Ammonds Vauxhall Nova)

Round 5: Swansea Bay 17th July – Swansea

Alex Allingham/Mark Glennerster
Photo:KPB photography

Video Clips

Posted: June 7, 2010 5:09 PM


Posted: June 7, 2010 1:24 PM

BHRC report, round three: Severn Valley Historic Rally

Posted: June 7, 2010 1:21 PM

Nick Elliott and Dave Price returned to the winners' circle for the second time this year, as the Dunlop/ MSA British Rally Championship returned to Wales on Saturday (5 June) for round three, the Severn Valley Historic Rally.
Elliott’s Escort Mk2 led for most of the day, but briefly lost out to Ryan Barrett/Barry Ferris’s similar car after the second stage. In category two David Stokes and Guy Weaver (Escort Mk1) regained a lead lost earlier in the day when Tim Mason and Graham Wild (Porsche 911) was delayed on the last stage. Defending champions Dessie Nutt and Geraldine McBride were victorious in category one after a mighty performance in their Porsche 911.

Category 1
It was evident from the first stage in Cefn that dust would play a major part in the day's rallying. Graham Waite/Gil Cotton (Volvo Amazon) topped the times on the opener, but the glory didn’t last long. “The first one was a stormer, but we lost the brakes early into stage two, so we decided to stop and lost a lot of time,” said Waite.
Nutt/ McBride had been just under a second up on Jonathan Gale/James Whittaker (Sunbeam Tiger), but on the longer Crychan it was down to 0.4s. Gale halved his deficit again through Halfway but it was back to two seconds as they arrived in service. “I couldn’t work out where I was slower, or was it just that Dessie was so fast?” said Gale. “I did have to be scalded by Geraldine a few times though, “Nutt reported.
After Waite’s delay, Terry Cree/Richard Shores settled in third, but their Mini had used both spare tyres they carried by the time they reached service. Geoff Taylor/Val Thompson (Sunbeam Imp Sport) hit trouble on the third stage after a promising start and Dave Reynolds/Paul Heath were soon in trouble too with their Volvo Amazon. "It started to misfire on stage two, so we stopped and found a loose plug lead. We continued to struggle and then found it was the fuel pump,” said Reynolds.
But Reynolds still arrived at serviced in fourth, as Mike Barratt/Joanne Watson had been struggling with their Sunbeam Stiletto. “We overheated on stage one, then got stuck behind Dave Reynolds on stage two, so overheated again and came into service with a misfire,” Barratt explained. The Saab 96 of Nick Pinkett/Caroline Lodge was still in the running after early brake problems and, despite his stage two maximum, Waite was also still running.
Nutt put his win beyond doubt through Radnor, by adding another 45s to his advantage. “The dust was even worse, but I tried my absolute hardest to make sure,” he said after a tremendous attack. “We had a good run but had an overshoot and it wasn’t enough,” Gale added.
Reynolds claimed third after Cree retired with a broken crankshaft. “We had problems ourselves, but others had worse,” said the class B4 winner. Pinkett was fourth and won class B1, from Barratt. “It wasn’t pulling at the end, but we made it,” said Pinkett. “The fan belt came off, the misfire continued and we couldn’t switch the engine off, but we finished our first rally for a year,” said Barratt.
Waite collected a second maximum after demolishing a chicane in Radnor. He made it back to the finish however to be classified sixth and claim valuable championship points.

Category 2
Stokes and Weaver celebrated their first finish of the season with category two victory in their Escort Mk1. Having led Mason/ Wild by over six seconds on the first stage in Cefn, Stokes had a costly off in Crychan. “I think we lost 20 or 30 seconds before we got back on,” he explained.
Mason became the new leader with a nine-second cushion over Jeremy Easson/Alun Cook (Escort Mk1), with Tim Jones/Don James heading the recovering Stokes and leading class C3 in their Escort Mk1.
Mason was also struggling with tyre wear though and by the time he reached service his lead was reduced to 6.7s. “It was brilliant on the first two stages, but our tyres were nearly bald by the time we completed Halfway,” he explained. “We are hanging in there and it’s getting tight,” Easson replied, as Stokes had recovered all but 1.7secs of his deficit to the second man.
Jones managed to consolidate fourth over Andrew Siddall/Colin Thompson (Escort Mk1), with the similar car of James Slaughter/Mark Casey in sixth after Philip Wylie/Howard Pridmore hit trouble. “We started well then overheated and got a puncture on stage two. So we stopped, but didn’t fasten the bonnet and it flew off. The starter motor failed and we had another puncture on stage four,” explained Wylie on his seasonal debut.
“My car was fine, it was just the driver overheating,” said Jones. “We just had a bit of oil leak and some vaporisation in the inlet manifold,” Slaughter added.
The 15-miles through Radnor became the deciding factor however, when both Easson and Mason were delayed after cars rejoined in the front of them. Stokes, however, had a clear run to emerge a comfortable winner. “We really went for it in there,” he said. “Disappointed with second again,” said Easson. "We were going for it until Darren Moon came back on in front us,” he added.
Mason already had one hand on the victory champagne, but it wasn’t to be. “We had nine miles to go and Terry Brown came back on in front of us. We tried but went off and got a rear puncture,” he explained.
Jones headed home class C3 rival Siddall for third overall and Chris Browne and Liz Jordan flew through Radnor to gain three places in their Escort Mk1 for fifth. “Fantastic,” said Browne. “It wasn’t my favourite stage but it was a good run,” said Jones. Mason had to be content with the class C4 win and sixth overall, while Slaughter completed the top three in C3. “We struggled a bit at the end with a puncture,” he said.
In class C2 Vince Bristow and Tim Sayer (Escort Mk1) headed Gary and Jane Edgington’s Hillman Avenger all day. The Edgingtons had problems in Radnor after the pedal box broke on the way to service. Nigel Godden and Ian Orford were third in C2 despite completing the last stage with no rear brakes on their Escort Mk1.

Category 3
Elliott and Price collected a second win from three rallies after a dominant but controlled drive. “Anywhere in the top three would have done today after the Kielder off,” said Elliott.
Only 1.5secs separated Elliott’s Escort Mk2 from the similar car Ryan Barrett/Barry Ferris on the first stage. But Barrett upped his pace in Crychan to take an early advantage. His lead was short-lived, however, as he then spun in Halfway, “we lost it at the Hairpin and got stuck,” said the Irishman.
Elliott was back in front with over 15 seconds in hand over round two winners Will Onions/Dave Williams, with Barrett recovering in fourth behind Darren Moon/Chris Parsons.
With one stage left before service Elliott added another nine seconds to his lead. “We were a bit steady, as it was hot, dusty and slippery,” said Elliott. “We got through the tyres with the on and off pace, as we kept catching Phil Collins, “said Onions.
Barrett was back into third at service, while Moon picked up a late puncture but still managed to hold onto fourth by a fraction from Connor Corkill/Rob Fagg. ”We were nearly off in Crychan fifth gear at 100mph, very scary,” said the Manxman.
Phil Collins/Stephen O’Neill (Opel Ascona) completed the top six after Rob Smith/Shaun O’Gorman (Vauxhall Chevette) spun and stalled in Crychan.
Elliott came through the final Radnor 15 miler unscathed to claim his second win of the year. “I did try a bit harder on that one, but the car has been spot on,” he said. Onions had been set for second, but was delayed after Graham Waite rejoined the stage ahead of him. “We had no chance, we just couldn’t see,” said Onions after dropping back to third behind Barrett.
“We had an overshoot and had to reverse out,” said Corkill after securing fourth when Moon had to stop to replace a rear puncture with two miles left. Collins headed class D4 rival Smith in fifth overall. “We had a really good day. I was using a new system of notes so I hadn’t quite got the confidence in them. It was my first time in Radnor since 1981 too,” said Collins. “We had a half spin but I can’t complain,” Smith added.
Richard Lane/Frank Richer (Escort Mk2) retained a day-long advantage in D3 despite the gear selection gate breaking early on. James Belton/Paul Wakely and Adrian Young/Gwynfor Jones both had spells chasing class leader Lane, but Stephen Richards/Ian Withecombe finally claimed the position. Pat Anderson/Andy Greenland (Talbot Sunbeam Ti) were alone in class D2 but failed to make it back to the finish.

Top five and class win for Tom Cave

Posted: June 7, 2010 1:18 PM

Teenage rally driver Tom Cave finished this weekend's Severn Valley Stages rally in fifth place overall and first in the N4 class. This builds on his debut sixth and second respectively and shows his grasp of the Proton Satria Neo S2000 four wheel-drive rally car.

Tom's day started exceptionally well, with him mixing stage times with a brace of World Rally cars contesting the event. By the mid-day service, he was lying in third place overall, an exceptional achievement in only his second rally in the Proton.

For the second loop of stages, despite Tom posting a strong of top five stage times, the World cars had clearly upped their game and as Tom admits, there was never any way he was going to be able to match their pace.

However, by the finish ramp of the event, he had recorded fifth place overall but more importantly, the class N4 win, the main objective for the event.

Commenting after the finish, Tom said: "This has been a really good day and to be honest, I don't think I could have hoped for more.

"We had a good tussle with some of the world rally cars towards the end of the rally and of course, I was fully expecting them to come out on top. I think if you take the fight to the world cars in a S2000 and hope to win, you're only ever going to be disappointed. However, it was very encouraging to be setting times alongside them for much of the event.

"I was familiar with some of the stages, as parts of them had been used in Rally GB in the past. I don't feel I drove particularly well in Radnor but the rest of the stages, we found a really good feeling. I had Ieuan Thomas in the car with me for the first time and that worked really well. He was very professional, helped me during the event and I would definitely have him in the car with me again.

"We also had absolutely no issues with the car at all - it ran perfectly all day. All in all, an excellent day's work and I'm delighted to have taken the N4 win, as that was our objective.'


Posted: June 7, 2010 11:52 AM

North Yorkshire pairing Jonny Milner and Ian Windress made it two wins in a row after triumphing on the third round of the 2010 MSA Gravel Rally Championship, narrowly beating Towcester duo Roger Duckworth and Mark Broomfield to the win after seven stages of hot and dusty action on some of Wales' finest forest stages.

From the Builth Wells start of the Severn Valley National Rally, former ANCRO champion Duckworth was fastest out of the blocks, anxious to make amends for his indiscretion on the recent Pirelli Tour of Cumbria when he crashed out in his Subaru Impreza WRC. Milner, from Driffield and co driver Windress from Northallerton, could only manage third fastest through the opening stage in Cefn in their Toyota Corolla WRC, pipped by both Duckworth and Ripon driver Charlie Payne and York co driver Craig Thorley in the Focus WRC.

Milner then clawed back the advantage on the second stage in Crychan as the following field struggled with visibility in the hanging dust. Payne was second fastest again but then undid all of his good work by spinning backwards into a bank in the third test, Halfway, dislodging the rear bumper and ended the stage with the offending item resting on a hot exhaust and on fire.

By first service, Milner held a slender four second lead over Duckworth, the two rivals having taken a pair of stage wins apiece, and during service the main talking point was tyres as all crews reported excessive wear in the hot conditions.

Bury driver Tom Naughton had experienced a frightening off in the opening stage, crashing head first into a tree and causing the stage to be halted. Fortunately both Tom and co driver Horace Saville were unhurt but this allowed Wug Utting from Gatwick and Tatsfield co driver Bob Stokoe a clear run and the pair returned to service with a four second advantage over Alex Allingham (Stalybridge) and Mark Glennerster (Wanborough) in their Subaru.

The 15 miles of Radnor comprised SS5 and saw Milner and Duckworth separated by a mere 0.2 of a second as third fastest on the stage was Stephen Petch (Hamsterley) and Bedale co driver John Richardson in their Hyundai Accent WRC. At the same time a rapid run from Allingham, coupled with Utting being stuck behind a stricken Jamie Anderson (Ellistown) and Mark Mason (Tyneside), saw the reigning BTRDA Production Class Champion regain the Group N lead. This stage also saw the demise of Headley driver Nigel Seabold and co driver Tim Barton from Epsom as the pair rolled their brand new Subaru Impreza N2010 into retirement.

The final two stages were re-runs of the first two of the day and saw Duckworth and Milner resume their battle. Whilst Duckworth was 0.6 of a second faster on the penultimate stage, Milner attacked hard through Crychan to take seven seconds back from the Subaru driver and returned to Builth Wells with a narrow victory margin of just 10.9 seconds to record his second maximum score in a row.

"What a fantastic day! Radnor was brilliant and in really good condition. Roger and I had a cracking battle all day long and to come out on top is the best way to end such an event" said Milner at the finish.

A frantic final stage saw Charlie Payne finally come to grips with his Ford Focus WRC and he did enough to move from fifth to third on the final stage, taking the final podium position by seven seconds from Stephen Petch.

Just behind the Proton of Tom Cave and Ieuan Thomas, Alex Allingham ensured that he took his first ever MSA Gravel Rally Championship Production Class victory with a pair of rapid times over the final two stages, doing enough to take maximum points by a comfortable 42 seconds from Wug Uttings similar Subaru Impreza.

Paul James (Wellington) and co driver Derek Davies (Bishopton) took their Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 to eighth overall, one place ahead of the Hyundai Accent WRC of Peter Egerton and Jamie Edwards whereas Tony Macwhirter and Steve Green in their Mitsubishi edged out the unfortunate Jamie Anderson for the final top ten placing.

The Viking Escort Challenge saw Chris Wigmore (Bicester) and co driver Steve Lyons (Brackley) overcome a broken clutch cable to go fastest over all seven stages, finishing 13th overall and some three minutes ahead of Robert Cholmondeley (Barnt Green) and Dave Evans (Leeds) in their similar Ford Escort MkII.

Retirements included Trevor Martin/Ray Cleghorn (Subaru Impreza) with an oil leak as SS3 claimed both Sara Williams/Dai Roberts (Subaru) and Kevin Rowledge/Paul Whittaker (Mitsubishi) and Nigel Seabold/Tim Barton (Subaru) stopped after SS5.

Full Results

Posted: June 7, 2010 11:50 AM

1 Jonny Milner/Ian Windress (Toyota Corolla WRC) 1:00:59.8
2 Roger Duckworth/Mark Broomfield (Subaru Impreza WRC) 1:01:10.7
3 Charlie Payne/Craig Thorley (Ford Focus WRC) 1:02:44.3
4 Stephen Petch/John Richardson (Hyundai Accent WRC) 1:02:45.7
5 Tom Cave/Ieuan Thomas (Proton Satria Neo S2000) 1:02:50.1
6 Alex Allingham/Mark Glennerster (Subaru Impreza) 1:03:57.9
7 Wug Utting/Bob Stokoe (Subaru Impreza) 1:04:40.1
8 Paul James/Derek Davies (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9) 1:06:44.2
9 Peter Egerton/Jamie Edwards (Hyundai Accent WRC) 1:07:19.9
10 Tony MacWhirter/Steve Green (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7) 1:07:48.2

Full Results:

BHRC preview, round three: Severn Valley Historic Rally

Posted: June 2, 2010 11:22 AM

The 2010 Dunlop/ MSA British Historic Rally Championship resumes on Saturday 5 June with the Severn Valley Historic Rally, the third of eight events in the season of historic rallying. An excellent field of nearly 70 cars, exceeding the 2009 entry, will deliver some superb action over some of the best gravel stages in the country, including some used on Wales Rally GB in November.

Category 1
Running first on the road will be the older cars from category one (pre '68) and it is Jonathan Gale and James Whitaker who will again lead the field away from the start in Builth Wells. Their Sunbeam Tiger is the car to beat in category one and the flowing Welsh stages will suit the rumbling V8. As ever, Dessie Nutt and Geraldine McBride will head the chase of the Tiger in their Porsche 911. However, in Kielder on round two it was the amazing Volvo Amazon of Graham Waite/Gill Cotton that emerged for a memorable victory over the Tiger and the Porsche.
Set to join the fray for the first time this year will be the Mini Cooper of Terry Cree and Richard Shores, although they could make a late change of car in the run-up to the event.
Meanwhile, class B1 has four contenders, topped by the Sunbeam Imp Sport of Geoff Taylor and Val Thompson, with Thompson making her debut in the car. Mike Barratt and Jody Watson wheel out their Sunbeam Stiletto, while Simon Whitehead and Gary Wood run their Hillman Imp and Nick Pinkett and Jonathan Lodge have their two-stroke Saab 96 back in action.

Category 2
Category two, for the post-historic cars, ended in remarkable style in Kielder as the last stage caught out the Escorts of David Stokes/Guy Weaver and Jeremy Easson/Alun Cook. Both crews will be determined to make amends this weekend on stages they know well. Chasing the pair of old rivals in Escort Mk1s from class C5 will be the similar car of Chris Browne/Liz Jordan, but the Porsche challenge from class C4 will also be significant.
A debut victory last time out was a great result for Peter Smith and Russ Langthorne in their 911, while Tim Mason and Graham Wild have the speed to really attack the Escorts.
The contest for class C3 – for the Pinto-powered Escorts – has two key players as Tim Jones and Don James go head-to-head with Andrew Siddall and Captain Thompson. It is one win apiece to date, so it is all to play for as James Slaughter and Mark Casey head the chase of Jones and Siddall. However, their start is conditional upon the arrival schedule of Slaughter's second child!
The pace of class C2 standard setters Vince Bristow and Tim Sayer is remarkable in their 1600cc Escort Mk1 and it's difficult to see any of their class rivals getting close to the flying Sussex crew. Leading the pursuit will be the Hillman Avenger of Gary and Jane Edgington.

Category 3
The contest for category three has been one of the highlights of the opening two rallies, with wins going to Nick Elliott/Dave Price and Will Onions/Dave Williams as the action is fought out at a hugely impressive pace. However, the Severn Valley line-up will be missing potential winners Julian Reynolds and Ian Oakey due to work commitments for Reynolds.
Instead, Elliott and Onions will go head to head, with Elliott in his rebuilt car after a major accident in Kielder. Splitting the pair of Ford Escort Mk2s in the starting line-up will be the very rapid Opel Ascona of Phil Collins/tba.
A gaggle of quick Escorts packs out the rest of the top 10, with Darren Moon/Chris Parsons, Conor Corkill/Rob Fagg, Ryan Barrett/Barry Ferris and Terry Brown/Martin Jones all determined to bag a podium finish. Among them will be the Vauxhall Chevette of Rob Smith/Shaun O'Gorman, while more quick Escorts follow in the hands of Gareth Lloyd/Ryland James, Simon Tysoe/Cliff Simmons, Phil and Mick Squires, Tim Pearcey/Craig Drew and Roger Kilty/Lynette Banks.
Heading the class D3 pack, and sure to be up among the D5 Escorts, will be the Pinto-powered Mk2 of Richard Lane/Frank Richer, with their rivals including historic debutant James Belton and Paul Wakely in the Escort Mk2 previously rallied by Will Onions.
Rejoining the BHRC after a break, and with a fresh class D3 Escort Mk2, will be Mark Clifford and Elgan Davies, while class D2 is the province of the Talbot Sunbeam of Pat Anderson/Andy Greenland.

Seeded Entry Lists:

Posted: June 1, 2010 10:12 AM

Available on rally website:

Entries open at Standard Rate until Saturday 29th May

Posted: May 26, 2010 10:01 PM

In a bid to help any competitors who may still be considering entering the event, the late entry surcharge of £100 is being waived until this forthcoming Saturday (29th May) and also, it's the final chance any crews have to register for ANCRO and be eligible to score points in the 2010 MSA Gravel Rally Championship and associated classes.


Posted: May 26, 2010 10:00 PM

Round three of the 2010 MSA Gravel Rally Championship makes its first of three successive visits to Wales and the Welsh borders when competitors converge on the Royal Welsh Showground in Builth Wells for the Severn Valley National Rally next Saturday (5th June).

Championship leaders Jonny Milner (Huggate) and co driver Ian Windress (Northallerton) will be looking for another victory in their Toyota Corolla WRC to add to the win last time out on the Pirelli Tour of Cumbria.

There, the former double British Champion saw off the Hyundai Accent WRC of Stephen Petch (Hamsterley) and John Richardson (Northallerton) and Yorkshiremen Charlie Payne (Ripon) and Craig Thorley (York) in their Ford Focus WRC and that's the way they stand in the title chase.

But Milner won't have it all his own way because as well as Petch and Payne, the Subaru WRC of former ANCRO Champions Roger Duckworth (Silverstone) and co driver Mark Broomfield (Towcester), who finished third on Rallye Sunseeker before crashing out in Kielder Forest last month, will be a major threat in the Welsh forests.

The Subaru of Alex Allingham (Stalybridge) and Mark Glennerster (Wanborough) as well as Tom Naughton (Bury) and Horace Saville (Bury) in the Mitsubishi didn't see the Carlisle finish and neither did Jamie Anderson (Ellistown) and Mark Mason (Gateshead) in their Mitsubishi so all are hoping to make sure they have a good run this time out.

The surprise package of the last round was Kevin Rowledge (Wimborne) and Paul Whittaker (Poole) who nearly made the podium in Cumbria in their Mitsubishi, whereas the colourful Wug Utting (Gatwick) and Bob Stokoe (Tatfield) return to the series in their Subaru, as does Hyundai Accent WRC crew Peter Egerton (Burley) and Jamie Edwards (Wrexham) whilst Welshmen Tom Cave and Ieuan Thomas will take to the stages in their Proton Satria.

The Mitsubishi of Paul James (Wellington) and Derek Davies (Swansea) will also be hunting down points, as will Trevor Martin (Medstead) and Ray Cleghorn (Gerrards Cross) in the Subaru whereas local driver Tony Macwhirter (Cardiff) and Steve Green (Leeds) are sure to be in the thick of the action.

Following her retirement on Rallye Sunseeker, Sara Williams (Brecon) and Dai Roberts (Carmarthen) will be looking to impress on their local event in their Subaru and Nigel Seabold (Headley) and Tim Barton (Epsom) will be hoping to put the disappointment of retiring their Subaru on round one behind them too.

The two-wheel drive brigade is headed by Viking Ford Escort Challenge runners Robert Cholmondeley (Barnt Green) and Dave Evans (Leeds) as well as Chris Wigmore (Bicester) and Steve Lyons (Brackley) whereas Welsh pairing Tom Watson and Arwell Jenkins tackle the stages in their FST-specification Ford Fiesta.

The Severn Valley National Rally gets underway at 10.00 on Saturday 5th June with around 60 miles of competitive action over seven stages before the finish back at the Royal Welsh Showground at around 17.20.

Entries Received to date:

Posted: May 17, 2010 12:55 PM

Regulations / Details

Posted: January 1, 2010 12:01 AM

Classified Ads

 Add a Classified

 All Classifieds

Twitter Feed